Friday, January 4, 2008

Violence in Kibera




Despite all the happiness that was there in Kibera during the Christmas festival everyone is sad now because they don't know what tomorrow brings.

Most of the slum houses have been burnt, most shops looted, some violent people are taking the advantage by stealing, although most of them claim that they have been stealing because they cant go om without food.

Most kids are going on without food and desperately displaced because their houses have been burnt.

To make the matters worse some people have been killed,
Most girls are worried due to lack of insecurity reason being; some people who are evil are taking advantage by raping the girls and even sodomizing men and small boys.

Most people have remained with pain since it is so cumbersome to get public means of transport to the hospitals.



Despite all the sad moments in Kibera mediators have already appeared from international bodies and I hope everything will be alright.

Get the pictures at the bottom of the blog.

3 comments:

manuela said...

Oh Rebecca, I am so sorry for what is going on in Kenya. I really hope peace will be restored soon for all the people who live in the slums.
It is only with the restoration of peace that reason will prevail.
But there can be no lasting peace without justice.
It is therefore important for President Kibaki and Orange Democratic Movement leader Raila Odinga to enter into immediate negotiations on the disputed elections and arrive at a solution that both sides can live with.
I know it is a very hard time for people living in the slums, for you and your family.
take care dear Rebecca, I am going to call you soon

Leah said...

I absolutely hate everything that is going on right now in Kibera. I visited Kibera a while ago and it changed my life. I hold the children of Kibera dear to my heart. My prayers are with you.

school for the girls said...

Hallo Leah and Manuela,
Thanks for your visit and comments on this blog and also for your concern I hope things will be ok for all people in Kibera slums.
Thanks
Rebecca