But we should know more things about reading:
(1) Reading is an inspiration and a gift that human kind have.
through reading one may get inspiration due to the events that take place example Ben Carson's 'Think big' and Gifted 'hands' which can make some one feel good and worth.
(2) through reading you can also have a vision and through it you can be able to protect your self and to some extend have leadership qualities.
In this case if we consider Chinua Achebe's book 'Things Fall Apart 'and also a Swahili writer Ken Walibora in his book 'Siku Njema' which means a nice day.
(3) You can also gain some wisdom from literature for example in the 'big' book the bible King Solomon give wise words which can lead you.
(4) Through it you can also get a sign of togetherness and you can feel you belong, you can also feel you are loved, you can know your origin and also the origin of the world which some times become a difficult question to answer.
(5) Finally reading makes you younger than you have ever thought of.
For example in many cases you may get your teacher still young just like you left him/her 10 or 20 years ago and it is only because of reading.
- "The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them."
- - Mark Twain (1835-1910)