the day begging by packing food for people with mental problem at the Mathare hospital then followed by prayers before leaving the place.
The mental problem is situated in Nairobi at mathare area, being there for the first time I am a bit scared.
we are not allowed to enter the maximum wards since the people there are so violent so it is risky.
the situation is so melancholic as we enter the women wards, some women with mental problems look so sad and desperate, others are exited and thy are singing, surprisingly most women are so beautiful and they don't seem to have any mental problem.
Before distributing the donated food we first gave them a chance to narrate their stories or brought them to the mental hospital.
Through that I learned a lot:
- we should avoid use of drugs, like cocaine and the rest.
- In life we should be ready for anything or any change.
- love affairs also has contributed long to people becoming mad, due to people being unfaithful to their partners so in case of such a case we need to have courage.
- we should try as much as we can ton avoid being stressed about things, we should do the best but not over think about some things because they can cause trouble. example mathematics, i saw some doing some calculations.
- the fourth golden rule is we must be happy in everything that we are doing and we should be satisfied with whatever we have but we should not over think about them
- Remember to be happy all the times and try as much as you can to avoid violent reaction which will make you regret after reacting.
- love your self and be proud of yourself since you are a unique person.
have you ever visited any place for community work or any mental hospital?
if so share with me what you experience or what you think causes mental problem or anything else that you have ever experienced about the community and its dangers.