Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Albinos living in fear _Tanzania


For the recent times it has been so sad and it is still sad for what is happening for the albino community in Tanzania and also some parts Of Africa, People who are albino have been known as a curse and hence the majority have been feeling like they are inferior compared to the other people of the society.
In some communities they are not allowed to marry while in others they are neglected and buried at night as a sign of a bad omen in the community for example in interior Kenya.
To make the matter worse.......

Member of the albino community have been killed due to the horrible superstition that once you have one part of the albino body you can become rich automatically:which is an advice from the witch doctors, so these has lead to killing of over 75 albinos living in Tanzania,

Most people who are involved in the witch craft have been advised to go as far as cooking and eating the part of the body of the albinos.
The people of the albino community have been forced to live in fear and they don't really know where to seek refuge.
The Tanzanian president Jakaya Kikwete has been forced to send the police so that the albinos can have security. Also all the albinos are being registered in Tanzania and being put into a home where they can stay together, even the burial sites of the Albinos is being cemented so that people cannot remove them from the grave.
I feel it being so unfair because they are just human beings like us and the only difference is the colour They don't even need to be registered since they are like other citizens and they have all the human rights.
How do you feel about it?

6 comments:

Clelia said...

Superstition is the most orrible curse not albinos. I am shocked, I can belive it, I wrote a post, The witchcraft Hysteria, women in fire because the Kinian community belived they were witch, now albinos. This is a middle age for me, someone must stop this practise.

Clelia

me, just an Italian man said...

I think that it is horrible. I can't even think about killing another living being, so it is very difficult to understand what it goes on the man head.. one hope came from people like you.. I'm standing with you against it..
Ciao Luca

school for the girls said...

Hallo Clelia and The Italian Man,
Thanks for the comments,
It is very true other humans are doing horrible things that need to be stopped.

Thanks so much
Rebecca

me, just an Italian man said...

hi, Rebecca..
i'm in Italy, I'm not rich but I have a house, I have my family (with two kids), I have my job and I live a decent life..
I've started my blog and for me it is a hobby, a diary.. it's a joke compared to yours.. but I've found out about you thru other blogs.
People are very ignorant about what is going on around the world.. everybody knows about Chinese problems with civil rights, everybody knows about the crisis between Georgia and Russia.. everybody knows about things that are shown on the medias.
This is sad because people should also know about what is going on with albinos people in tanzania for example..
but now also me and Clelia knows about it and thru us others will know.. it is not much, but it is already something..

Ciao Luca

Marco (Cannibal Kid) said...

hey, thanks for stopping on my page..
it's written in italian, don't know if you talk this language but i hope you enjoyed my blog in some ways, maybe for the pictures

greetings for your page, really interesting too

bye!

Miss Welby said...

See also this article Kenyan arrested by Tanzania police over 'albino sale' on the Bbc