Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Its a miracle!!!


Dear Friends,
Once more again it good to look back where we are from since a journey of thousands miles always begins with a single step. This is a similar story to our project: because as this small project started i never knew it can impact on someones life but finally here in Rose' story:

"My name Is Rose Adhiambo (Sweety) I am 18 years old and I live in Kibera slums of Nairobi in Kenya. I come from a family of three, my mom is a single parent and at the same time she has physical disability. Now I am in form four and I have two more terms to complete my high school.

When I flash back: After completing my primary school, I passed my examination and my mom was not in a good position to pay my school fee. I went to a day school in the rural area where I used to stay with my aunt, life was not easy for me at all because from time to time I was sent back home because of school fees, this really made my aunt very happy, because it make her work easier since I could do all the house work for her while she went to do her business in the market, this really compromised my studies and I had really loosed hope in completing my high school studies. Fortunately Rebecca Talked to my Mom about School for the Girls project which has really helped me in paying my school fees, furthermore I was able to go a boarding school.

I am very grateful since I see it as a miracle since now I am sure of sitting for my final examination this year since I am registered with the National council for the Kenya Examination. So far this is a big miracle to me!!!
thank you so much for your support"

This is a big achievement and a step further, you can check on the kikoy project to help more girls.

Thanks so much!!

5 comments:

Middle Ditch said...

To think that we take education for granted and most kids hate school!!! If only they knew

Miss Welby said...

congratulations!

school for the girls said...

Yeah Middle Ditch, people tend to take education for granted but it is not too late to change our minds.

Miss thank you so much!!

ThePoliticalCat said...

How are you doing? Just dropped by to say hello. Things are OK with me, not great, but we keep on. See you soon, I hope.

school for the girls said...

Hi Politicalcat,
the struggle goes on... but am glad to know you are ok.
See you soon too